Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not at My Best

It's been one of those mornings.

I yelled.

She cried.

My heart broke.

She's probably (hopefully) singing happy songs, playing with her friends at school.

I'm still reeling.

Drying the fallen tears.

Ashamed.

Time for a deep breath.

Time to realize I am human.

Will I ever forget the fear in her eyes? Part of me wishes I will, because that should never have happened. Part of me wishes I won't so I won't let it happen again.

Hug your kids tight.

I will hold mine tighter for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I am feeling for you. We had one of those days yesterday and it broke my heart all day being away from Cole. It's not always easy and you are allowed to be worn down and tired, get some rest and hope that the next day is better. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's happens to the best of us. Brush it off, regroup and learn from it. Now you know your breaking point--now you know when to take a "breather." From previous posts, it sounds like you are a wonderful mother who is, like you said, only human. :)

    ~The Mrs.
    http://mylifeasawomanmommyandwife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love me some comments! Thanks for leaving me one.